Sunday, February 7, 2010

Memory Lane

Ah yes, Super Bowl Sunday. I do plan on watching the game...at least for a bit. Maybe it will hold my attention until half time, then I might flip back towards the end to see who wins. No, these days I'm more interested in the kickoff of races such as the Tour of Qatar. Team Sky did have an impressive win. Although Radioshack was not present and no one is really fielding their 'A' teams. 

Anyways, the real reason for today's post was a trip down memory lane. While re-living the early days of High Gear cyclery I stumbled upon the profile of Emporia Legend Tim Mohn, which I highly recommend you take a peek at. I had forgotten how Tim and I were once bitter rivals . Take this quote from his page for example:

Why should someone take up cycling as a new hobby?s the perfect sport.
Cycling is the perfect sport.
Done by all ages.
Both sexes.
All races, nationalities and religions.
Big one’s, small one’s, even somewhat bald one’s (no offense Lelan).
I will ride till the day I die. And so can you.

Very funny Dr. Seuss. Yep, he spared no excuse at chopping away at my self esteem and I made sure to challenge his man hood whenever an opportunity would present itself. Which was basically every time I came into the shop. And now those days are gone. Distance has put an end to our 'love to hate each other' relationship. I can only imagine that in my absence, and lacking a suitable trash talker, he has fallen off the pace. But don't you worry Timmy. One day I shall return to speak slanderously of your name and challenge you to a bout of two-wheeled debauchery. 

In the meantime, enjoy this video. Particularly that handsome devil of a drummer.
(Click the picture for the video!)
 
Oh Tim, how I miss you, ya big galoot.

1 comment:

bobby said...

i really need to keep some old, nasty, dirty cycling shorts and a 6 pack of PBR around so i can start using tim's pre-race tactics. i always knew there must be something remarkable behind his edge.