Sunday, March 16, 2008

Perfect!

Well, thanks for bailing on me everyone. Matt seems to be sick and Steph apparently didn't want to talk to me. Tim went to watch the KU game. (I can't blame ya on that one!). Shawn and Mike didn't answer their phones, Garret had to work, and Bobby had some house cleaning to do. Didn't matter though, after a morning of sleet and hail (Yes, this is officially spring Break) the sun thought he would poke his head out. Even if it was momentarily. It was enough to convince me to go ride. That and all the videos I watched this morning on youtube of mountain bike races, truly amazing. Anyways, the point of all this is that you guys missed out. The trails were PERFECT! I'm not saying they were dry, but they weren't muddy either. Sure, the ol' snot corner was still a mess and there may have been a puddle at the bottom of the open field descent, but that was just for dramatic effect. Nothing like a little mud splashin' in your face. And of course you don't want to ride the ditch. But, everything else was amazing. I think this means the freeze/thaw cycle is over. Not to mention that this is the most packed I've seen the trails in half a year. It's been a long time since the trails felt this good. I also wanted to remind you that there is an 80% chance of rain tomorrow, so at least for now it was short lived. Sure, better weather is coming, but maybe I can wait a little more patiently knowing that I got to rip up a few laps today.

No comments: