Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back in Action

That's right boys and girls, I'm back. Apparently I had gotten lazy and just turned in to a weeny over the winter. Not that riding the trainer doesn't have it's value. It certainly kept me in shape all winter. But, I just couldn't take it any more. I had to ride outside no matter what. And so, I ventured out again yesterday in less then ideal conditions. The 'snowmaggedon' if you will, took it's toll on the area, but I was riding regardless. I put in 35 miles. Before you Kansas boys start shaking your heads, because I know you've been doubling that number, you need to realize that this was 35 miles of snow covered mountain passes (passes just sounds much cooler then roads). After giving it all I could to get up the snow covered dirt roads, it was all I could do to hang on down the backside. When I finally returned home I was exhausted and covered head to toe with sand and grime. My bike would need quite the clean up to be operational again (sorry, left the camera at home). And I couldn't have felt any better about it. So with two weeks to the day from my first race, I fully intend on riding outside whenever I can. Indoor training just can't compare. 

No comments: